As the world is experiencing a breakout of this new corona virus now known as COVID-19, we felt it necessary to update our patients on our actions, prevention and policies. At Avenue Dental we are being extremely proactive in managing this situation for your safety and the safety of our team.
Our intention is to remain open to service our loyal patients and the community at large, however unfortunately cannot guarantee you all continuity of care due to potential government lock downs. To avoid dental emergencies during a lock down we recommend completing any outstanding dental treatment or having an assessment of any concerns you may currently be experiencing.
Being in a highly regulated industry like dentistry we are already held to extremely high universal infection control standards and operate in a clean and safe environment. In addition to our usual universal infection control protocols we have implemented extra steps for safety during this time.
– We are asking patients a series of screening questions 2 days before their appointments. We are not seeing any patients who are sick, who have travelled recently or been in contact with someone who has the COVID19.
– Offering patients to wait in their car for their appointment instead of in our patient lounge if it makes them more comfortable. If you would like to do this for your upcoming appointment, please call our reception team to inform them.
– Asking patients coming into the practice to utilise alcohol based hand rubs at our reception desk.
– Extra hourly cleaning and wipe down’s of our patient lounge, front desk and areas of high contact with GamaCide3 wipes. (GamaCide3 wipes are a combination of ammonium chloride and isopropyl alcohol, surgical disinfectant cleaner)
– Extra cleaning of our dental treatment rooms with CamaCide3 wipes in addition to our normal universal infection control standards.
– We are providing Peroxyl mouth rinse before all dental procedures (as stocks allow).
– All magazines and children’s books/toys etc have been removed from patient lounges as these are high contact objects.
For the health of our patients, their families and our team we ask that you please inform us if you are unwell, have travelled recently, or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID19.
For Team Members
– If a team member is unwell, they are being asked to not step foot in the building and to remain at home.
– Any team members who have travelled are to quarantine themselves for 14 days (as per the QLD Health request) and also have to return a negative COVID 19 test before returning to work.
– Any team members that have been in contact with someone with COVID19 are being asked to quarantine for 14 days and require a negative COVID19 test to return to work.
We feel it is best practice to implement these strategies to ensure our preparedness and protect our patients and team. Our entire team has been briefed on our prevention and infection control policies and will continue to take any additional steps that are deemed necessary.
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.